Monday 22 August 2016

Leaving Certificate Part 2

holymotherfuck, i've been accepted to my first choice course in NUIG

Sorry for abandoning you, my dear blog. I've been too busy lamenting life and being intoxicated. This was such an important summer in my life and I chose to ignore it... but not anymore. So what did I do besides binge watching Netflix and researching prostitution (just in case I failed the big L-C)?

I went to Indiependance, which was a festival sesh full of Irish hipster youth. I met so many lovely people and drank myself into oblivion. PERF for the teen failure, I'll see you all there next year. The highlight was the 80s VS 90s rave - it enabled me to completely lose my mind and voice.
I aged in my time away. 19. It's been a weird month because I know the best years of my life are coming, but the absolute stress of post LC life was totally killin' my buzz bro. 
Leaving Cert results came and went, the whole process was underwhelming to be honest. I'm just glad to be gone from the hell that is school.
The Debs... not much to really say. More alcohol and ignoring the people that are irrelevant to me. Everyone outside of Ireland is going to think I'm a degenerate, but Irish youth culture really just revolves around alcohol and getting shitfaced, sorry.

My future in NUI Galway awaits me. It's terrifying. It's exciting. It's mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment